biodx career opportunities
biocide sales professional
We are a revolutionary, disruptive industrial biotech company based in Modderfontein, Gauteng that offers motivated and passionate people the opportunity to enable a better world.
- Unlimited earning potential
- Performance based autonomy
- Based on edge of Modderfontein Reserve – great for lunchtime park runs and mountain biking
At Biodx we’re on a journey to reduce society’s dependence on synthetic chemicals. We share our gifts, with love and compassion for the betterment of all living things
Harnessing the power of biotechnology, we’re breaking boundaries, crossing new frontiers, and helping to evolve the future of disinfection. All towards enabling a better world.
- b bioactive: A non-corrosive and earth-friendly formulation, which offers revolutionary solutions for the food and beverage industry, the medical and pharmaceutical, agricultural, manufacturing, mining and power generation industries. b bioactive has been tested against novel betacoronavirus SARS-CoV-2 with TNO in the Netherlands.
- Decont-A: a non-corrosive, synthesised formulation of b bioactive™, specifically for the industrial water market
- cronodx: a real-time non-destructive testing and analytics instrument for the measurement of biofilm in industrial & FMCG environments (water, fluids/ liquids)
- Diverse & inclusive
- R&D driven
- Dedicated to developing future ready technologies based on the 12 principles of green chemistry
We’re looking for a sales professional who is target driven and shares our belief system: to enable a better world by reducing society’s dependence on conventional toxic chemicals.
The objective is not to do business with people who need what we offer, but people who believe what we believe.
As a highly entrepreneurial business, you need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes.
Working collaboratively with:
- CFO, Chief Researcher, Production Manager and other Directors
The package we’re offering includes a basic + benefits + uncapped commission on sales (invoice value)
- 2-5 years of demonstrable success in chemical industry (industrial biotech) biocide/ disinfectant sales
- Some knowledge of industrial, Mining, Power Generation, Municipalities, FMCG, Formulation industries
- Compatible value system
- Discipline and rigorous planning
- Articulate communicator
- Relationship builder
- Resilience, grit, fortitude (a bull-terrier)
- Don’t take yourself too seriously
- Mobile – you’ll need to have your own transport to travel to clients
- Secure direct sales for the business in a highly competitive world
- Proactive prospecting, opening doors
- Nurture existing customers
- Response to and qualify campaign driven leads/ enquiries
- Tender and proposal preparation and follow-through
- Identify & nurture agents, distributors and formulators
- Support any appropriate activities that deliver business growth
- Science or engineering degree or higher diploma in microbiology, chemistry, industrial chemistry/ formulations, chemical engineering or virology would be preferable
- Any relevant training in selling into complex environments
Why should you apply?
- Be the first to offer a sustainable biocide technology
- You’ll achieve great satisfaction, knowing you’re making an environmental impact
- We’re on the cutting edge of global industrial biotech
Please upload your latest CV and a cover letter, with a motivation for why you are a perfect fit for this opportunity
Please note: Only word documents and pdf accepted