biodx career opportunities
biocide sales professional
We are a revolutionary, disruptive industrial biotech company based in Modderfontein, Gauteng that offers motivated and passionate people the opportunity to enable a better world.
- Unlimited earning potential
- Performance based autonomy
- Based on edge of Modderfontein Reserve – great for lunchtime park runs and mountain biking
At Biodx we’re on a journey to reduce society’s dependence on synthetic chemicals.
Harnessing the power of biotechnology, we’re breaking boundaries, crossing new frontiers, and helping to evolve the future of disinfection.
All towards enabling a better world.
The result? A non-corrosive and earth-friendly formulation called b bioactive™, which offers revolutionary solutions for the food and beverage industry, the medical and pharmaceutical, agricultural, manufacturing, mining and power generation industries.
On the verge of gaining coveted EU BPR registration, b bioactive™ has also been tested and verified to stringent EU NEN standards in the Netherlands. We are also the first South African company to be conducting testing and verification against novel betacoronavirus SARS-CoV-2 with TNO in the Netherlands.
- Diverse & inclusive
- R&D driven
- Dedicated to developing future ready technologies based on the 12 principles of green chemistry
We’re looking for a sales professional who is target driven and shares our belief system: to enable a better world by reducing society’s dependence on conventional toxic chemicals.
The objective is not to do business with people who need what we offer, but people who believe what we believe.
As a highly entrepreneurial business, you need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes.
Working collaboratively with:
- CFO, Chief Researcher, Production Manager and Sales Admin Manager
The package we’re offering includes a basic + benefits + commission at 3.5% of sales (invoice value)
- Compatible value system
- Discipline and rigorous planning
- Articulate communicator
- Relationship builder
- Resilience, grit, fortitude (a bull-terrier)
- Don’t take yourself too seriously
- Mobile – you’ll need to have your own transport to travel to clients
- Secure direct sales for the business in a highly competitive world
- Proactive prospecting, opening doors
- Nurture existing customers
- Response to and qualify campaign driven leads/ enquiries
- Tender and proposal preparation and follow-through
- Identify & nurture agents, distributors and formulators
- Support any appropriate activities that deliver business growth
- 2-5 years of demonstrable success in chemical industry (industrial biotech) biocide/ disinfectant sales
- Science or engineering degree or higher diploma in microbiology, chemistry, industrial chemistry/ formulations, chemical engineering or virology
- Any relevant training in selling into complex environments
Why should you apply?
- Be the first to offer a sustainable biocide technology
- You’ll achieve great satisfaction, knowing you’re making an environmental impact
- We’re on the cutting edge of global industrial biotech
- Be part of the first ever SA biotech company to achieve EU registration and expansion into international markets
Please upload your latest CV and a cover letter, with a motivation for why you are a perfect fit for this opportunity
Please note: Only word documents and pdf accepted